LEMON CHEESECAKE BAR HEAVENNutrition
My beautiful mother and I have been in the kitchen baking up-a-storm this week (well, her more than me … love ya mom). It’s safe to say I’m in a Christmas cookie coma already, but still have room for my absolute FAVORITE holiday treat … Lemon Cheesecake bars!
That being said, these are actually super easy to make, super good, & are always a hit when gifting them out.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with someone special and subscribe to the newsletter below to enter my January wellness giveaway ;).
Happy holiday week, darlings!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 6 TBSP. butter (3/4 stick softened)
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 TBSP. milk
- ½ TSP. vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 9"x 9" baking pan
- In a medium bowl mix walnuts, brown sugar, and butter with hands
- Knead ingredients until blended (mixture will be crumbly)
- Set aside ½ cup of this crumb mixture
- Put the remaining crumb mixture in the pan
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned
- Meanwhile grate 1 TSP. lemon peel
- Squeeze 1 TBSP. lemon juice in a small bowl
- With a mixer at medium speed, mix lemon peel, lemon juice, cream cheese, and the remaining ingredients until well blended
- Remove baking pan from the oven
- Pour cream cheese mixture over baked layer in the pan
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumble mix you set aside
- Bake 25 minutes longer until golden
- Refrigerate until well chilled (at least 2 hours)
- Cut into 24 delicious bars 🙂